HAINES CITY, Fla. (WFLA) -- An evacuation order has been lifted in Haines City after a raging fire at a pallet company.
The fire, located at Monison Pallets on US Highway 17/92, broke out around 2:30 Wednesday morning.
It shut down US 17/92 in both directions. Hundreds of homes were ordered to evacuate, but county officials lifted the evacuation order just before 8:30 a.m.
All but one lane has since re-opened.
Fire officials tell News Channel 8 that one firefighter hurt his leg while battling the blaze. He was taken to the hospital and should be okay.
"It was terrible," neighbor Brianna Studimire said. "Like the fire was terrible."
Studimire warned neighbors to get out of their homes after heat from the intense flakes woke her up.
"You could feel it inside my house," she said.
Fire crews tell us they're worried flying embers could cause brush fires nearby, so they plan to remain on scene all day.
The investigation into a cause continues.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez found dead in jail cell
- Polk Co. woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- Zephyrhills ex-con nabbed using high-tech camera on chopper
- Reports: Florida senator used racial slurs to colleagues
- Hudson mother claims SRO sent inappropriate messages to daughter
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- VA Research Day to showcase life-changing initiatives for veterans
- Teen arrested after slaying of Maryland police officer
- SAFETY ALERT: 'Mappen' social app shows kids' exact location
- Hernando boy among 38 people stricken with rare disease