FORT MEADE, Fla. (WFLA) – Crews with the Florida Forest Service are battling a wildfire in Polk County right near the county line.
Just after 5 p.m. Monday, FFS Lakeland said they were headed to the wildfire near Mills Road and Fort Green in the Fort Meade area, near Bowling Green in Hardee County.
Fire officials say about 40 acres are burning in the area.
Crews have two dozers on the ground plowing to protect nearby buildings.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Study: Earth is losing plants, animals, and clean water at a dramatic rate
- NRA: March for Our Lives orchestrated to push an anti-gun agenda
- Texas official calls special ed students ‘slow learners'
- Police: 3 adults charged in 3-year-old's fatal overdose