POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) - A Polk County road is closed after a crash that happened in foggy conditions this morning.
US Highway 98 North is closed just north of 471 and CR 54 in North Lakeland.
Deputies say the 2-vehicle crash involved a pickup truck and a car on US Highway 98 North. The crash victims suffered serious injuries.
A Polk County Sheriff's Office spokesperson said the crash involved a near head-on collision between a Nissan Altima and a Ford F-250. Each vehicle had only an adult male occupant.
The driver of the Altima died from injuries suffered in the crash. The driver of the truck was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials said there was close to no visibility in the crash area due to fog which created extremely dangerous driving conditions.
As of 11:10 a.m. northbound traffic on 98 is being turned around at 471 and CR 54. Southbound traffic traveling out of Pasco is also being turned around. Motorists are asked to use alternate routes until further notice.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Dog getting second chance at life after being found in Plant City dumpster
- Pregnant woman killed in Clearwater drive-by shooting, family was in car with her
- Tampa attorney busted with pants down during sex act with Pinellas inmate, sheriff says
- Train was traveling 80 mph in 30 mph zone before derailing, crashing onto interstate
- Dog expert: What makes a dog turn on its owner?