TAMPA BAY, Fla. (WFLA) - Several events scheduled in the Tampa Bay area on Sunday have been canceled due to the potential for severe weather.
A cold front moving into the area could bring severe storms to Tampa Bay on Sunday afternoon.
Due to that impending inclement weather, officials decided to close the Sugar Sand Festival on Clearwater Beach for the day.
"High winds and storms are expected and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our visitors," organizers said in a statement.
The 2018 Sugar Sand Festival kicked off on Friday. It runs through April 22. The exhibit will be back open Monday at 10 a.m.
Organizers of the SUN 'n FUN International Fly-In and Expo in Lakeland have canceled the air show scheduled for Sunday. They also plan on closing the gates at the event site at 1 p.m.
In Venice, the Shark's Tooth Festival has been canceled due to extremely windy conditions.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- NB I-75 reopens in Sarasota Co. after 2 killed in wrong-way crash
- NASA releases Hubble space telescope images for its anniversary
- NB Memorial Highway closed near Tampa Intl. Airport due to accident
- Pediatric prom night held for patients at Tampa General Hospital