PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) - Strong storms left a trail of damage at Citrus Homes Meadowood Homes business on Ulmerton Road in Pinellas County on Monday.
Thomas Paris was in his truck when the storm passed by.
"I hopped out the truck when the wind started blowing and you could see a funnel cloud coming down and you could see it touch down right here in the middle of Ulmerton [Road] in front of this facility," said Paris.
The strong winds knocked over a home, a shed and blew off the vinyl skirt of another model home.
"It had to be a really, really, really strong wind to pick up something that large," said Paris. "It was picking debris up, throwing it all up in the air and it was shaking the truck."
Paris and Jake Rudy captured cell phone video of the storm.
Those close by, ran.
"It was really quick and we didn't know what was going on," said Paris.
Bob Monbarren also witnesses the storms.
"It started blowing real bad, raining real hard," he said.
He said objects were flying everywhere.
"Everything is blowing. Stuff in the air. Going all over the place," said Monbarren. "It's all over the place. We have to come back and fix it."
Paris said he believes he saw a tornado.
"It didn't even show up on my phone," he said. "It didn't ping or nothing. I have Weather Channel. I have all that stuff on my phone and it didn't say nothing about a tornado being in the area."
There is no word yet on the estimated cost of damage.
- Hillsborough man kept wife's body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Pinellas mom shoots man who attacked her and neighbor
- Body found believed to be missing Tampa swimmer
- Florida opens large stretch of Gulf Coast for scalloping
- Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, sparks criticism
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis
- Hundreds gather to remember teen beating victim in Lake Wales
- Pinellas Park police arrest man for video voyeurism, recorded victims in bathrooms of his workplace
- FHP: Drunk driver drinks 8 rum shots, slams into Spring Hill mail boxes before running off
- Reward being offered for info leading to arrest in rash of Hernando high school bomb threats