ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) - A StarLite dinner yacht broke loose from its moorings and ran into the Bayway Bridge, St. Pete Police said on Twitter.
News Channel 8 got a tip it broke free from its dock at the Corey Causeway Bridge during Irma. It's currently wedged under the Tierra Verde Bridge, according to the source.
Another source told us police won't let the owners onto the boat until it's deemed safe. Police must make sure the power wires under the bridge are not energized.
No further details are available at this time.Stay on WFLA.com for updates on this developing story. MORE HURRICANE IRMA STORIES:
- RIGHT NOW: Eye of Cat 1 Hurricane Irma no longer in Tampa Bay area
- Hurricane Irma: 80% without power in Polk Co., trees smash homes, vehicles
- Hurricane Irma: Intense winds rip cross from Sarasota church, tear roofs, knock down fences
- StarLite dinner yacht breaks loose, hits Bayway Bridge during Irma
- Hurricane Irma: Manatee County reports damage, power outages
- Hurricane Irma: Hillsborough leaders grateful Irma did not cause major damage
- Hurricane Irma: Power outages, downed trees across Pinellas Co.
- Schools in Tampa Bay area announce plans to resume class
- Tampa Bay power outages: More than 1.1 million
- Better Call Behnken: Start insurance process ASAP