MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) - A mother is accused of burning her 3-year-old son's foot because he wet his bed.
Manatee County deputies charged Derby Sanon, 28, with aggravated child abuse.
The boy told a day-care worker that his mom had burned him, deputies said. The worker found a fresh blister on the bottom of his right foot.
During the investigation Sanon said that her son urinated in his bed overnight and to punish him she touched his foot with a hot iron. She told deputies she didn't realize it would cause a blister.
Child Protection Investigators continue to work the case.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Good Samaritan beat up and Facebook shamed after helping toddler in Lakeland speaks out
- 1 dead, 5 injured, when car slams into tree in horrific Pinellas Park crash
- Pasco woman accused of having sex with 11-year-old, getting pregnant
- Pinellas deputy resigns after racist, sexist and sexually explicit material found on phone
- Polk County 7-year-old found safe in California
- Snapchat's new ‘Snap Map' feature has law enforcement worried
- Dog returned to disabled man in Pasco County
- Chick-fil-A offers FREE food to celebrate cow appreciation day