WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies with the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office and emergency crews rescued three people from a vehicle in a pond at the Wesley Chapel District Park on Monday evening. One person did not survive.
The sheriff’s office says preliminary information indicates the 22-year-old driver of the vehicle had a seizure and drove into the pond.
The driver was trapped and in the water.
Fire-Rescue E-13 jumped into the pond and pulled three victims from the water. Two Pasco deputies jumped into the water to help with the rescue.
The driver was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, where he later died of his injuries.
The two passengers refused to be taken to a hospital.
The park is located at 7727 Boyette Road.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Group of meerkats make debut at Los Angeles zoo
- Toys R Us will honor gift cards for the next 30 days
- Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe fired two days before retirement
- Trump lawyer claims Stormy Daniels could be liable for over $20m in damages