WFLA Web Staff - PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) - Multiple law enforcement agencies were involved in tracking down a suspected car thief Thursday night.
The suspect entered Pinellas County from Tampa in a stolen vehicle, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.
Multiple agencies were conducting surveillance.
Pinellas deputies tried to stop the vehicle. After exhausting these attempts, and after the subject had already traveled from Ulmerton Road into Baskins, south to Seminole, and then down to St. Petersburg, deputies engaged in a brief pursuit," deputies said.
A deputy stopped the vehicle by using stop sticks at Tyrone Boulevard and 34th Avenue N. The suspect was detained and is being interviewed.
Deputies are also interviewing a female subject who was in the vehicle. She initially fled on foot.
The investigation is ongoing.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Code for pedophiles ends up on children's toys sold at Monster Jam
- Robbers point gun at toddler, enraged Florida grandmother goes on attack
- Polk deputies charge five men in gruesome murder case
- Attractive felon is ready to model
- Only on 8: Dozens overdose, several die after using 'super spice'
- Imposter scam spreading on phones and computers around Tampa Bay area
- Police: 5 dead, 3 injured after Pa. backyard party ambushed
- Padi sparks more controversy after biting service dog