PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A Hudson man was arrested in connection with an organized fraud scheme involving three former Hernando Beach volunteer fire chiefs, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office.
Anthony Bucaro, 64, was charged with obstruction Sunday after detectives said he tried to help former HBVFD Chief David Freda flee from deputies. They said Bucaro was aware Freda, who is the current City of Brooksville Fire Chief, had a warrant out for his arrest.
On Friday, detectives issued arrest warrants for Freda, David Murdock and Travis Morris after a seven-month investigation stemming from allegations of misappropriation of funds at the Hernando Beach Volunteer Fire Department.
Freda, the current City of Brooksville Fire Chief and Murdock, the city's fire captain, are both charged with organized fraud more than $50,000.
Morris, a FEMA employee, is charged with organized fraud more than $20,000.
Bucaro was booked into the Pasco County Jail on a $300 bond.
Detectives ask anyone with first-hand information or evidence that may be pertinent to this case, please contact the Hernando County Sheriff's Office Economic Crimes Unit at 352-754-6830.
If you would like to remain anonymous, call Hernando County Crime Stoppers at 1-866-990-TIPS (8477) or submit your tip via the internet at http://www.hernandocountycrimestoppers.com.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- O.J. Simpson freed from Nevada prison, could move to Tampa Bay area
- Missing Winter Park nanny found dead in Orange County, police say
- La Niña pattern will impact Tampa Bay this fall and winter
- VIDEO: Marilyn Manson hurt onstage during NYC show
- Tampa jeweler offers to replace missing wedding ring for lineman who worked after Irma
- PHOTOS: Walt Disney World celebrates 46 years
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police wrangle goats after lawn job goes awry
- Man on boat during fatal jet ski crash in Clearwater speaks out
- Noor Salman trial: She said 'I knew,' FBI agent testifies
- 2 dead, 1 injured in shooting, stabbing, arson in Riverview