TAMPA, FL (WFLA) -- The lastest food trend to hit Tampa Bay is in the form of teeny, tiny doughnuts. The Mini Doughnut Factory has people lining up, literally around the block, in South Tampa to taste something you can't find anywhere else in the United States.
"We have a shrink ray machine that shrinks them down and then we top them, and it's the only place that makes made-to-order miniature doughnuts anywhere in the United States or Canada," explains Patrick Ruddell, owner of The Mini Doughnut Factory, alongside his wife Zezura.
The two worked to perfect the taste of the doughnuts, but it's the toppings that blow people away.
From Pop Rocks, to Bacon, you'll find more flavors than you can dream of, and if you don't see one you like, they will tailor-make one just for you.
Popular Tampa Bay blogger "That Jen Girl" came up with one mini doughnut that is now called The Sweet Pig.
"[The Sweet Pig] is maple bacon and then we put on Sriracha drizzle and chocolate," said Zezura Ruddell.
The place is always packed with foodies that are excited about another local mom n' pop shop opening up in Tampa Bay.
Also, there is an ongoing effort for local businesses to buy local. The Mini Doughnut Factory tries to buy local as much as it can, from milk to ice cream.
The Mini Doughnut Factory is located at 2109 S Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa. Check them out on Facebook here.
Lighting founder is Gr8 Inspiration
Waste Management plant set to re-open
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lisa responds after mysterious apology signs pop up in Pasco Co.
- VA Research Day to showcase life-changing initiatives for veterans
- Teen arrested after slaying of Maryland police officer
- SAFETY ALERT: 'Mappen' social app shows kids' exact location