TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - Airside "F" at Tampa International Airport was evacuated Sunday afternoon, the airport tweeted.
The rest of the airport remained operating while Airside F was closed.
Flights and passenger screenings resumed about 20 minutes after airside F was evacuated.
A representative for the airport said that side is primarily American Airlines flights.
The airport tweet that the evacuation was caused by a false alarm related to a bag in a screening device.
Stay with WFLA.com for updates on this developing story.
Airside F has been evacuated. Follow @FlyTPA for official updates.— Tampa Intl Airport (@FlyTPA) January 1, 2017
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 2 injured in 4th recent explosion in Texas capital
- Allergies causing pink eye for children
- Woman, 9-year-old girl found dead in Riverview; boy clinging to life
- Tampa officer shot, another injured while serving a warrant