TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – It seems everyone caught baby giraffe fever as the world watched and waited for April the giraffe to give birth. A hospital in Tampa got in on the fun too.
The maternity ward staff at St. Joseph's Women's Hospital has been watching April throughout her pregnancy. They decided to give a special crocheted giraffe hat to the first baby who was born at St. Joseph's after April gave birth.
April the giraffe gave birth just before 10 o'clock Saturday morning.
Jeriel Javier Rodriguez Figueroa was born at St. Joseph's at 10:06 a.m., and was given the special crochet giraffe hat.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- April the Giraffe gives birth: What to expect after the baby is born
- Ex-NFL player driving truck that ran over, killed daughter
- North Port police search for robbery suspect
- Tampa man gets stuck in air duct while hiding from cops, freezes
- ‘Cash me ousside' teen appears in Florida court to face felony charges
- WATCH: Horse attacks alligator in Alachua County
- Afghan official: Massive US bomb death toll rises to 94
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Reward being offered for info leading to arrest in rash of Hernando high school bomb threats
- Teen taking driver license test crashes through wall of driving exam building
- Armwood High School student arrested for threatening to shoot up school
- Highlands County Sheriff's Office searching for man who impersonated officer