HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) - A man was killed Sunday in a boating accident near the Courtney Campbell Causeway in Tampa.
A Hillsborough County Fire Rescue spokesperson said that two people were ejected from their boat, when the boat was turning.
Edward Bartell Jr., 47, was killed. His wife Maria, 47, was transported to St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa.
Detectives do not know why the boat turned and ejected the couple.
They're examining the boat to try to figure out what happened.
No other boats were involved in the accident.
Edward and Maria Bartell lived in Tampa.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Detectives hope reward will lead to Hillsborough teen's killer
- Singer, Tampa native Aaron Carter, girlfriend arrested in Georgia
- Man killed in boating accident near Courtney Campbell Causeway
- County to test for E. coli in residents' water near massive Pasco sinkhole
- Couple honeymooning in Florida accused of kidnapping woman, raping her
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Group of meerkats make debut at Los Angeles zoo
- Toys R Us will honor gift cards for the next 30 days
- Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe fired two days before retirement
- Trump lawyer claims Stormy Daniels could be liable for over $20m in damages