BRANDON, Fla. (WFLA) -- Deputies in Hillsborough County say a missing teenage girl who took an Uber from her home over the weekend has been found.ORIGINAL STORY:
Deputies in Hillsborough County are searching for a missing teenage girl who took an Uber from her home over the weekend and never returned.
Authorities say 16-year-old Jasmine Pittman left her home on VineTree Drive in Brandon Sunday morning via Uber.
According to Uber's website, only adults can have an Uber rider account. A parent or guardian must be with a child who uses the account. Some cities allow children ages 13 through 17 to ride alone using a teen account connected to a family profile.
Deputies believe Pittman may now be in the area of Lambright Street in Tampa.
Anyone with information about Pittman or her location is asked to call the sheriff's office at (813) 247-8200.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Hillsborough parents asked to give input about proposed school bell schedule
- Reality show ‘Siesta Key' premiere parties cancelled amid shark dragging controversy
- Mother puts out stern warning after 1-year-old son infected with herpes
- Neighbors contact Target 8 about nightmare next door in Tampa
- Tropical Depression Emily moving out over the Atlantic
- Lakeland mobile home park flooded following Tropical Storm Emily
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Police wrangle goats after lawn job goes awry
- Man on boat during fatal jet ski crash in Clearwater speaks out
- Noor Salman trial: She said 'I knew,' FBI agent testifies
- 2 dead, 1 injured in shooting, stabbing, arson in Riverview