WFLA Web Staff - NEW TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - A 15-year-old Wharton High School student is accused of stabbing his classmate. The incident occurred around 2 p.m. at the New Tampa school.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said the student "got into a verbal confrontation" with the victim. After the fight became physical, the suspect grabbed a steak knife "he had on his person," deputies said. He then allegedly stabbed the victim multiple times.
The victim's injuries are non-life-threatening. He was taken to Tampa General Hospital.
After the incident, the suspect hid the knife in a bathroom trash can, deputies said.
The suspect is charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, tampering with evidence and possession of a weapon on school grounds.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Loud sex leads to arrest for woman with neighbors struck by cancer
- Motorists stop to rescue 2 women after car drives off ramp, plunges 50 feet
- VIDEO: Vehicle hits Largo police cruiser, leaves scene
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Lightning play in New York Friday; News Channel 8 hosting watch party
- Life Hacks for Mom: Applying makeup for a fresh look throughout the day
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Teen who used ‘affluenza' defense set for release April 2
- Prosecutor: Father may have beat baby girl because he wanted a boy
- VIDEO: Pregnant woman ends up on hood of car after chasing purse thieves
- Police locate missing Winter Haven woman