Associated Press - MIAMI (AP) - A search is underway in the Bahamas for a New York woman who apparently fell overboard from a cruise ship.
The U.S. Coast Guard says it has dispatched aircraft and two ships to an area about 27 miles (about 43 km) southwest of the island of Grand Bahama to look for the 32-year-old woman. A Coast Guard statement says the woman was seen falling around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday from the 11th deck of the Carnival Ecstasy. She was wearing a white floral dress.
On Wednesday afternoon, the Coast Guard identified the missing woman as Rina Patel from Interlaken, New York.RELATED: Passengers see horrible scene, Carnival cruise ship worker dies in elevator accident
The cruise ship had left Nassau, Bahamas and was en route to Charleston, South Carolina at the time.RELATED: Carnival sets sail for Cuba
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 60-year-old dies after Pinellas Park fire
- Group of meerkats make debut at Los Angeles zoo
- Toys R Us will honor gift cards for the next 30 days
- Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe fired two days before retirement