SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - A 71-year-old Sanford man has been charged with attempted murder in the shooting of his step-son.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that arrest records show Thomas Lathrop of Sanford shot 31-year-old Frank Fort on Saturday at the family home.
According to the records, Lathrop's wife, Juanita, told police her son went to sit on the front porch about 9:30 a.m. when Thomas Lathrop said, "Don't you see me sitting here."
Fort replied he sat there every morning before work. Lathrop then got up and fired a single round at Fort's legs.
While Fort was running away, Lathrop fired two more shots, shattering Fort's pelvis. That bullet lodged in Fort's stomach, causing life-threatening injuries.
Fort was in critical condition Saturday.
Lathrop was being held without bail at the Seminole County Jail.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- ‘Happy Days' star Erin Moran dies at 56
- Man dies after riding Disney's Thunder Mountain
- Cops: Woman's body found in St. Pete creek near Jet Jackson Recreation Center
- St. Pete man arrested for pruning bushes
- Cops: Clearwater woman shoves stun gun into teen driver's face during road rage incident
- Englewood family welcomes naturally conceived quadruplets