DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - A Florida man is accused of child abuse for leaving his two young children in a hot car while he searched a junk yard for car parts.
The SunSentinel reports that during a Sunday bond hearing, Broward Judge Merrilee Erlich told 28-year-old Alan Aneuris Luna that he used "very bad judgment."
An arrest report said someone called 911 because the boys, ages 6 and 7, were crying. They wouldn't open the car door because the store manager and other customers were strangers. When firefighters arrived, the boys finally opened the door. They were treated and released.
It was 78 degrees in Davie on Saturday, Paramedics estimated they were in the car for over an hour.
Luna's attorney said the boys were old enough to open the door if they felt trapped.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deputies: Man deserted 3 children after crash on busy Plant City road
- 12-year-old boy hit, killed in hit-and-run crash on International Drive in Orlando
- Porch pirate nabbed in Pinellas Park, Christmas gift returned to family
- Pilot in deadly Bartow plane crash had advanced training
- Man on drug called 'wasp' breaks into home, cuts throat in front of mother and children
- Christmas Eve tragedy: What we know about the 5 victims of the Bartow plane crash
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 13-year-old Siberian tiger gets stem cell treatment for pain
- Grandma accused of killing husband, woman at Florida bar arrested in Texas
- At least 10 families displaced by Town N Country apartment fire
- Target hosting annual car seat trade-in event starting April 22