WFLA Web Staff - ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) — A hot air balloon landed in a retention pond near State Road 429 in Orange County on Monday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said there were 16 people and the pilot on board when the balloon crashed around 8 a.m.
The pilot told troopers that as he was coming in for a landing at the designated landing strip adjacent to the retention pond there was an issue with the wind.
Nobody was hurt, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The pond where the crash occurred is near mile marker eight on SR 429, near Seidel Road.
Orlando Balloon Rides is the owner of the balloon, and troopers said the company is making arrangements to remove the balloon from the pond.
Cell phone video provided to WESH by Jacob Malherbe was recorded by a passenger on the hot air balloon. The video shows the balloon descending and landing. During the landing, the pilot calmly speaks to the passengers.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Hillsborough man kept wife's body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Pinellas mom shoots man who attacked her and neighbor
- Body found believed to be missing Tampa swimmer
- Florida opens large stretch of Gulf Coast for scalloping
- Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, sparks criticism
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis
- Pinellas Park police arrest man for video voyeurism, recorded victims in bathrooms of his workplace
- FHP: Drunk driver drinks 8 rum shots, slams into Spring Hill mail boxes before running off
- Reward being offered for info leading to arrest in rash of Hernando high school bomb threats
- Teen taking driver license test crashes through wall of driving exam building