WFLA Web Staff - LONGWOOD, FL (WCMH) - A 12-year-old girl is facing misdemeanor battery charges because she pinched a boy's butt at school.
Breana Evans, 12, told WKMG-TV that many students at the school play a game where they pinch someone's butt between classes. She thought it was a joke.
The school found out about it and suspended the girl. But when the boy told his mother what happened, she called the police to file charges.
"I regret it because I didn't know it would lead to this," Evans said. "I feel like it's just stupid just a stupid charge that shouldn't have to happen."
Police came to the girls home, read her her Miranda rights and booked her on battery charges. Her father says the boy's mother simply overreacted.
"I'm sorry my kid touched your kid but I'm sorry - because you need some help I think, too overprotective - let your kid be your kid he might get some friends and that's all I have to say," Ray Evans told WKMG-TV. "kids can't even be a kid and that's basically what it is - she's 12 years old she was acting like a 12-year-old child."
The Seminole County state attorney says the charges will be dismissed if Evans completes community service and passes several drug tests.THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Sheriff: 'Super pill' is deadly and cheap, becoming big problem
- Mom offers tough love when daughter doesn't clean room
- Waldo has been found and he's in trouble
- Mall Easter bunny, father get into brawl
- More than 80,000 bees removed from Lakeland gated community
- Explosions rock Brussels airport, subway; 28 reported dead
- Families identify victims of Tampa plane crash
- Police: Toddler burned after mother put her in an oven
- Deputies: Girl, 13, drives car into power pole
- WATCH: Police detonate 10 tons of fireworks
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking news and top headlines
Possible sinkholes in Ocala
UCF students accused of rape