Associated Press - FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A woman is suing a Florida hospital, saying an employee flushed the remains of her miscarried child down the toilet.
Linda Gomez filed suit last week against Wellington Regional Medical Center in the southern city of Wellington. Her attorney, Kennan Dandar, said Tuesday that she went to the hospital because she was experiencing bleeding 19 weeks into her pregnancy. Dandar said that while waiting for a doctor, Gomez went into the bathroom and miscarried. She cut the umbilical cord after being unable to summon help.
He said a worker eventually heard her screams, entered the bathroom and flushed the toilet, then told Gomez to return to the waiting room.
Dandar says Gomez asked hospital officials to retrieve the baby so she could give the child a Christian burial, but they refused.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Pasco man accused of smoking spice/flakka, attacking pregnant girlfriend
- Murder-suicide leaves 5 Florida children without parents
- 8 On Your Side Warning: Fake money being passed in Polk County
- Mother's final moments with daughter stolen
- Nurse surrenders license over photo of patient's genitals
- Passenger fears for life during Allegiant emergency landing
- Girl, 12, pregnant after man sexually assaults her
- 2 dead, venomous snakes found in package at post office
- Kitten Cuddlers needed in Miami
- Alligator kills 85lb. family dog on Hilton Head Island
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- VIDEO: Pregnant woman ends up on hood of car after chasing purse thieves
- Police search for missing Winter Haven woman
- WATCH: Monkey on the run turns heads in North Miami Beach
- VIDEO: FWC investigating after gator dragged behind ATV