ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) -- Duke Energy announced it is suspending late payment charges and estimated bills for its 1.8 million Florida customers on Friday.
The company continues its suspension of non-payment disconnections, which was implemented at the beginning of the storm.
Duke Energy continues to restore power to the state. Around 200,000 customers are still without power.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 8 On Your Side #FLORIDASTRONG Telethon FRIDAY 6A-9P: Donate $$, drop off supplies
- Deaf community demands apology from Manatee Co. after interpreter disaster at Irma press conference
- Scientology steps into hurricane relief vacuum to help Clearwater storm victims
- Sam's Club waives membership fees to help Tampa Bay residents recover from Irma
- PHOTOS: Tampa Bay area ‘hot cops' become internet sensation after Hurricane Irma