Associated Press - TAMARAC, Fla. (AP) - A thief had a change of heart and returned a little boy's iPad that deputies say he stole from a table at a South Florida McDonald's restaurant.
In a news release, the Broward Sheriff's Office said the iPad was taken on Nov. 6 while the little boy was distracted. The thief snatched the tablet and walked out of the restaurant.
The iPad was returned to the Tamarac McDonalds on Tuesday, a day after the sheriff's office released surveillance footage of the man taking the tablet.
Investigators are seeking the public's help in finding the thief and Broward Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to his arrest.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Gina Carter says he will be arrested and charged with theft if they find him.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Victim's uncle on bridge collapse
All victims found in bridge collapse
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Wawa teams up with OneBlood for blood drives
- Russia votes to hand Vladimir Putin 4th presidential term
- Cirque du Soleil acrobat falls during performance in Tampa; rest of show canceled
- 5 hospitalized after van slams into fire engine