INVERNESS, Fla. (AP) - A Citrus County Sheriff's deputy has been fired after her arrest for domestic battery.
The Citrus County Sheriff's Office said in a news release Saturday that 25-year-old Heather Cogar had been terminated.
She was arrested Saturday on a count of domestic battery.
Authorities say Cogar and 29-year-old Bryan Hesse had been dating.
Deputies were called to Hesse's house early Saturday in response to a call about a domestic battery.
The sheriff's office says Cogar physically battered Hesse, although Hesse only had minor injuries.
She was being held in jail until her first appearance in court.
Man accused of shooting Tampa officer
Jim Carrey criticized for painting
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Jim Carrey criticized for portrait believed to be Sanders
- 2 injured in 4th recent explosion in Texas capital
- Allergies causing pink eye for children
- Woman, 9-year-old girl found dead in Riverview; boy clinging to life