SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS (NEWS10) - The owner of a Texas mattress store has closed his store after apologizing for what he called a "tasteless" advertisement promoting a 9/11 anniversary sale.
The online ad for Miracle Mattress in San Antonio featured a woman screaming as two towers of mattresses topple.
In a statement posted to the store's social media Friday, owner Mike Bonanno said the store "will be closed indefinitely." He said the company also "will be silent through the 9/11 anniversary to avoid any further distractions from a day of recognition and remembrance for the victims and their families."
He repeated his Thursday apology, saying the online ad was produced without his knowledge by employees in San Antonio.
Bonanno says he will announce next week "accountability actions" taken with the employees responsible for the ad.
See the ad here.
Add your voice to the ongoing discussions. Feel free to share the post below with your Facebook friends and family.
'Affluenza' teen to be released
Dad beats baby because he wanted boy
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Prosecutor: Father may have beat baby girl because he wanted a boy
- VIDEO: Pregnant woman ends up on hood of car after chasing purse thieves
- Police locate missing Winter Haven woman
- WATCH: Monkey on the run turns heads in North Miami Beach