NBC News and WHDH - A mother says she is still in shock after she put a quarter in a gumball machine to get a treat for her young daughter and got a plastic container of pills instead.
The gumball machine, with toys inside, caught the eye of a 7-year old girl while the family was out for pizza Friday night in Rochester, N.H..
At first, the mother, Courtney Jones, thought the container had candy inside. But she couldn't believe what she saw when she took a closer look - a mix of pills.
Jones contacted police, who confirmed the medication was likely for blood pressure.
The restaurant has since removed the gumball machine. Police are working with them and the vendor, reviewing video and retracing steps, to figure out how the pills wound up in the machine.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Travel insurance worth it? Woman diagnosed with cancer can't get refund
- Babies born during NFL draft to become honorary Bucs
- White House doctor Ronny Jackson withdraws from consideration for VA chief
- Llama, dogs help calm stressed USF students before exams