WAVY - ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. (WAVY) — A little girl's simple act of kindness is not going unnoticed.
Eight-year-old Mylie Brothers saw an elderly couple last week struggling to get out of their car before they were seated inside Tony's Pizza.
Mylie's mom, Laurie, says the husband had to pull his wife out of the car and then help her walk into the restaurant. Once inside, Mrs. Brothers tells WAVY.com they misjudged the seat and the wife fell on the floor.
She says Mylie wanted to do something nice, so she paid for the couple's meal and wrote them a handwritten note, which said, "Hope you have a nice dinner."
Mrs. Brothers says Mylie used her own money to pay for the couple's meal.
"Mylie's dad and I are so humbled and proud of the young lady she is becoming," said Mrs. Brothers. "We try to instill great morals and values into all three of our children."
Mylie is a second grade student at Central Elementary School in Currituck County.
Study: Male birth control pill next
Prince Harry, Meghan's cake revealed
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Spring-themed cake for Prince Harry, Meghan's spring wedding
- Maryland school on lockdown following report of shooting
- MOSI introduces new driverless shuttle
- Florida baby OK after thief steals car from gas station