MIAMI (WFLA) - Police say a South Florida father shot a neighbor on Father's Day because the victim's dog was trying to defecate in his son's yard.
Miami-Dade police arrested 66-year-old Omar Rodriguez Sunday on charges of second-degree attempted murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Police say Rodriguez shot Jose Rey during an argument in the Kendall neighborhood. Authorities say Rodriguez admitted the dispute began when Rey's dog tried to defecate in Rodriguez's son's yard.
A neighbor told police he saw Rodriguez fire two shots at Rey, who was taken to Kendall Regional Medical Center. Authorities say Rey is in critical condition with stomach and spinal injuries.
It is unclear if Rodriguez has a lawyer.Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Missing college student found dead in Bermuda
- WATCH: Manatees migrate from Tampa Bay waters as warmer months near
- LIVE: Max Defender 8 Interactive Radar
- Person selling phone on OfferUp becomes victim of armed robbery in Pasco