WFLA Web Staff - MINNEAPOLIS, MN (WFLA) - When a homeless man asked a Minneapolis cafe owner for money, he received something even better.
The cafe owner, Cesi Abi, shared the story - with a touching photo - on her Facebook page Friday. The post has been shared more than 41,000 times.
When the man asked Abi for money, she responded, "Why don't you have a job, you know nothing is given to me for free right?"
That's when the man explained he has felonies and has been unable to find work because of them. "So now I had to turn myself to the streets and get money the only way I know, stealing and asking for money," he told her.
So Abi offered him a job at her business, Abi's Cafe. "His eyes opened wide and his smile made my day," she explains in her post. "He said, 'I'll do anything for some food.'"
The photo Abi shared shows the man working, which he's been doing for almost two weeks. He washes dishes and takes out the trash.
What Abi writes next in the post will make your day. "Once I pay him, guess what he does? He buys food from my restaurant (HE DECIDES TO PAY) because it makes him feel good," she explains.
The man receives a discount on the food, she says.
Abi ends the post encouraging readers to take the story to heart. "Do something nice for someone today and don't judge them just because they out there asking for money for we don't know their situation," she says. "Some deserve another shot. God gave me this blessing so why can't I bless others?"WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Mother's final moments with daughter stolen
- Nurse surrenders license over photo of patient's genitals
- Passenger fears for life during Allegiant emergency landing
- Girl, 12, pregnant after man sexually assaults her
- 2 dead, venomous snakes found in package at post office
- Kitten Cuddlers needed in Miami
- Alligator kills 85lb. family dog on Hilton Head Island
- CA substitute teacher meltdown caught on video
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Spring-themed cake for Prince Harry, Meghan's spring wedding
- Maryland school on lockdown following report of shooting
- MOSI introduces new driverless shuttle
- Florida baby OK after thief steals car from gas station