FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Police say video shows tennis star Venus Williams legally entered an intersection seconds before she drove into the path another car, resulting in a fatal accident.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, police released video Friday of the June 9 crash. It was taken by a security camera at the exit to Williams' neighborhood.
It shows Williams headed north stopping her SUV behind a car at a red light. Williams goes straight when the light turns green, but a car turning left cuts her off. She briefly stops.
She then moves into the westbound lanes where she is struck by a car driven by Linda Barsons, who then had a green light. Barsons' 78-year-old husband Jerome Barsons died June 23 from injuries suffered in the crash.
Williams has not been cited or charged. Police say the crash remains under investigation.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Confirmed cases of flesh-eating bacteria found in Gulf of Mexico
- Man attacked by alligator while diving for golf balls at Charlotte Co. course
- Police: Florida mom on way to jail for leaving son in hot car complains it's ‘too hot' in cruiser
- Cops: Tampa woman tries to burn deputy alive
- New photo could be clue to Amelia Earhart mystery
- Man proposes to girlfriend and her sister for touching reason
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 2 injured in 4th recent explosion in Texas capital
- Allergies causing pink eye for children
- Woman, 9-year-old girl found dead in Riverview; boy clinging to life
- Tampa officer shot, another injured while serving a warrant